Trip to Bangkok-Pattaya (2)

(continued from Part 1)

So we woke up in the morning, after only 3-4 hours sleep. We took a bath then strolled down the block near our hostel to grab something to eat. Aloy and Ical bought omelette rice and chicken strips for only 35 THB, while me and Harbag bought sandwiches for only 18 THB. I dunno what was inside, looked like nuggets and eggs, but I wasn’t very sure. I know pork when I see it, and in Bangkok almost every meat is made of pork so I was avoiding meat. I also bought 4 pieces of soft cakes for 48 THB.

Then we went to Surasak BTS and headed to National Stadium BTS, the westernmost BTS, to go to Wat Po. FYI Wat Po, Wat Phra Kaew, Grand Palace, and Wat Arun are located very near to each other. Wat Arun is located across the river (Chao Phraya river) of Grand Palace, and Wat Po and Wat Phra Kaew is just north of Grand Palace. After we got off the BTS, we took a taxi to Wat Po. Funny enough, all taxi drivers that we stopped, didn’t know the name Grand Palace, or they just can’t speak English very well. But our best bet was they have different name for Grand Palace in Thai, so when we mentioned Wat Po, they knew it immediately.

So we went to Wat Po temple. The entrance fee was 100 THB. There were some interesting pagodas and Buddha statues in there. Here’s me and the Reclining Buddha. It was so enormous, I couldn’t imagine how they could make it.

Reclining Buddha

There were also emerald buddha status, but it was forbidden to take photos. Here’s more Buddha statue:

I even did a snailing pose combined with Ical’s planking pose LOL

From Wat Po, we went to Grand Palace which was just across the street. There were lot of guys who said that the place was still closed and opened at 1PM (it was only 11AM), but thanks to Aloy who read it beforehand that there were a lot of scams that say Grand Palace is closed and offer to give you a tour to other nearby temples. When we reached the gates, it was actually written there that it opens at 8 AM 😀
Lots of people wouldn’t recognized that it’s actually open because the only gate for public entrance is the northern gate and since the area is so big, most people would’ve missed that.

So then we headed out to Grand Palace. The entrance fee was rather expensive which was 400 THB and it’s only charged to foreign tourists. Inside there were temples and museums.

There were also a western-style building and a park in the upper-right of the area.

After that we got out from there and went to nearby market to find something to eat. I ate a fried fish there. What’s interesting was that fish dishes there are usually had the bone taken out before they were cooked, unlike in Indonesia where you still find the bone in the middle of the fish.

Once we had filled our stomach, we headed to Siam Paragon mall, the biggest mall in Bangkok. It sure was impressive, and you know what’s more impressive? It’s the girls! LOL There were lots of attractive and cute girls in there. Well, when I said cute, I was referring to Chinese girls. As you may know, Thai people is consisted of Chinese-descendants people, local (Malay) people, and Western-local descendants people. And mostly the attractive one are the Chinese-and western descendants. Since one of my companions, I won’t mention it 😀 , is a leg-fetish, he went in awe there looking at those girl legs LOL.

FYI Siam mall is actually consisted of 3 different malls: Paragon, Center, and Discovery. Paragon is the biggest and the most exclusive.

After that, we went back to the hostel to clean up. Since I had this backache, I took a bath and a nap, while the other headed out to get a foot massage. Around 8PM we rejoined and went to China Town near Pahurat. Bangkok China Town is known for it’s seafood. We were having difficulties finding a taxi to get there since most of them didn’t want to go there since it’s jammed, so we had to get a Tuk Tuk.

Upon reaching China Town, we realized why the taxi drivers wouldn’t want to take us there. It was crowded and there was a festival in the streets. Food stands everywhere, from meals, drinks, snacks, even fruits. We just picked a random stands and ordered our meals. We ordered 3 table dishes and they were great! What’s even better was, it only cost us 450 THB (around 135k IDR).

PS: Sorry, we had eaten some part before I took the photographs XD

Once we finished the main course, we turned our attention to the Durian stand. We had a sticky-rice Durian and sticky-rice Mangoes.

The good thing about those durians is that they’re not as stink as Indonesian durians which have strong fragrant. The durian felt a bit weak, maybe because it’s not durian season, but the mangoes tasted fantastic. They were just about to get ripe and they were incredibly juicy. Yes juicy, it’s not oranges or watermelons, it’s mangoes!

Well, after we had finished the dinner, we took a Tuk Tuk to Hua Lamphong Station to catch a MRT, the subway. We took off at [Hidden]


About 1:30AM we reached our hostel, and that concludes the second day.

(Continue to Part 3)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s